Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Announcement; Scrap N' Dipity

I am so happy to share that I have been asked to join the Design Team of Scrap N' Dipity!  There are so many adorable images that the only problem I have with the website is choosing which one to use! 
Our oldest son has moved back home for a short time and with him came his cat Betty.  We also had a cat named Mr. Kitty so it has been quite the job, full time I might add, to get these 2 beautiful creatures used to each other.  So for this reason I thought it was fitting to start my first Design Team Post with the image of the adorable cat! 
I was also trying to decide which medium I wanted to use and thought that since I'm new on the DT I should also try something new.  I had purchased some chalks some time ago and hadn't used them yet at all.  I went through 3 of the images before I settled on one that I thought did the kitty justice. 
With my failing memory I thought it would be a good idea to make up a notepad for myself where I could keep track of the different projects that I'm working on and when they are due.  I used a simple composition notebook and covered it with cardstock.  I also made a little pocket on the inside front cover in case I wanted to slip something in so I wouldn't have to go hunting for it.  I then used DCWV's The Tradewinds matstack to pretty up the front.  I made up some flowers using some of my hand punches with different shapes.  The leaves were also hand punched out of cardstock and The Tradewinds matstack again.  I used my Martha Stewart punch to get the letters for the front cover. 
This project came together very quickly and was so much fun to play around with the image.  I am looking forward to making many more adorable projects using the images over at Scrap N' Dipity.   Click here for Scrap N' Dipity website. Do yourself a favour and check the wonderful images that Alisha has to offer.  I bet you can't settle on just one!  Here is my project!  I hope you like it and as always, your comments are welcome! 





 

3 comments:

Karen Shirey - Wide Eyed Stamper said...

OMGee Marianne.. I am thrilled for you! Congratulations my friend!
your notepad is incredibly fun and adorable! too too cute for words!
Biggo hugs!

P.S. you need to come visit me and help me find my mojo!!!

Marianne Grimbly said...

Thanks Karen! Here's my promise to you; as soon as I can afford to come, I will be in the car coming to visit you. I would love to help you find your mojo and maybe you could help me find my desk in my craft room! LOL

Nancy said...

I think I mentioned how cute I think this is! :o)
I was going to comment on the great watermark placement...but then I saw there was no watermark! haha