Monday 20 May 2013

Challenge #41 @Lia Stampz "Fluffy, Stuffy or Puffy"


I'm not sure what it is but I seem to have this passion for anything that has teapots or teacups on it. I once wanted to decorate my whole kitchen with wallpaper that had teapots and teacups all over it. Hubby quickly put his foot down on that one. LOL. Normally he leaves any decorating or colour schemes up to me but the teapot/teacup thing was a big no. LOL Lia has got some new stamps out and of course this one caught my eye when I saw it. I decided to use it for this challenge and do it in some really bold colours. I have used white puffy paint on any of the areas that are white on the flowers. I love this turquoise/red/white colour combination. I do need to work on the colouring. I made several attempts and finally did one that had marker outlining the print and then filled in with pencil crayons. I didn't have enough colours in my Copic markers to do this and had even tried my hand at watercolours. Nope, I need lots more practice. Here's the link to Lia Stampz if you would like to join us for this challenge; LIA STAMPZ On another note, here's an update on the whole house hunting thing. We are still trying to sell our home but we have found another one that we've put an offer on. Our offer has been accepted with the condition that we sell our house, get financing and have a home inspector go through the new house. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

8 comments:

Sharon Underwood said...

Oh, my, moving! I remember moving when I sold my house while looking for another. Packing was crazy. Showing a neat & clean house was even worse! Anyway, I LOVE your teapot card! Those colors are fantastic together! Good luck with your move!

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Thanks Sharon! Yes it's definitely been a challenge. It would be one thing if appointments were made and kept but we've had people show up out of the blue, we've had people not show up. It's tough to live somewhere that you need to have looking like no one lives there! But by far the toughest part has been the dismantling and packing up of my craft room. Hubby says once we move, the very first room to be set up will be my craft room. Guess he's tired of listening to me complain and whine. LOL

Judy said...

This is so cute. Looks so crisp and clean, and I love that.

xo

Judy said...

This is so cute. Looks so crisp and clean, and I love that.

xo

Jamie Martin said...

Such a cute card, it would be perfect for 4th of July too. You also did a great job on the coloring :)

Sandy Smith said...

Love this!!! I think you did a beautiful job! I have a tea cup collection so I understand the love.
Hugs
Sandy

Roxann said...

Such a darling card! Very quaint and vintage style that I love.
Hugz,
Roxann

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your comments. Hugs to you all!