Wednesday 14 January 2015

New Year's is a time for new dreams, new hopes, new promises.  We all have good intentions to make the coming year better than the one we've left behind.  I have so many things that I want to begin doing for the first time ever and some things that I want to do better.  There are also some things that I want to stop doing, in general I just want to make myself and my life better if I can.  I have a huge list of crafts that I want to try for the first time.  Watercolour, I bought myself a kit that has everything to begin.  I have watched countless videos on YouTube about watercolour and feel excited to try it out.  I bought myself a special journal so that I can try doing a mixed media type journal.  I have also bought myself some jewelry making supplies so that I can try making some earrings, necklaces and bracelets. 

One of the things that I want to start doing a lot more of is my scrapbooking.  I have so many pictures that I want to scrapbook, especially pics of the kids.  They're all grown up now so going through those pics brings back such wonderful memories.  DCWV has their ongoing Stackaholic Challenges every month.  They put up sketches for their layout challenges as well as sketches for their card challenges. I decided to dive in and do the layout one for January with the card to follow. 

Happy New Year to all of my friends and followers.   I hope your 2015 will be filled with wonderfully new and exciting things!  I know mine will be! 

If you would like to join in with the challenge you can do so https://www.fa1``cebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153171201830312.1073741830.125195275311&type=1

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, Marianne! That's a fabulous layout! I'm really happy to hear that you want to do more scrapbooking. I'm looking forward to seeing more great layouts!
A new year is always fresh and exciting, isn't it? Your creative plans sound wonderful and I'm happy to be able to see where they take you! :o)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cely said...

can't wait to see what you create this year! i need to get my butt into gear too!